Accelerated Orthodontics: How to Straighten Your Teeth Faster
Traditional braces produce great results, however it takes several years for that to happen. What if you could achieve the same results in much less time? With accelerated orthodontics, you can (and often in under a year)!
By understanding the procedure and its advantages, you can determine if accelerated orthodontics might be right for you.
The Accelerated Orthodontic Procedure
Accelerated orthodontics works due to a minor surgical procedure performed approximately one week after braces have been applied.
The procedure is done under local anesthesia by a periodontist to alter the gums and bones holding your teeth in place. This stimulates oral structures and overcomes limitations of the traditional orthodontic treatment resulting in slow teeth transport. It is relatively painless, producing discomfort similar to a dental cleaning.
Once the procedure is complete, your orthodontist will administer treatment similar to traditional orthodontics. However, due to the procedure, it will take months rather than years.
Types of Braces Used in Accelerated Orthodontics
Three primary types of braces can be used in accelerated orthodontic treatment:
- Metal Braces – These are incredibly strong and durable and are the least expensive option. For some, metal braces irritate the gums and are too noticeable for comfort. However, they still remain a popular option.
- Ceramic Braces – These blend in with teeth, making them less noticeable than traditional metal braces. They also resist stains and are strong (though not as strong as metal braces).
- Lingual Braces – These aren't as common and are placed behind the teeth, making them a popular option for adults.
Advantages of Accelerated Orthodontics
There are several benefits of accelerated orthodontics, some of which include:
- Speed – With accelerated orthodontics, many patients can have their teeth straightened in just three to eight months. This is an incredibly appealing alternative to traditional treatments that take several years to produce results.
- Advanced Orthodontic Technique – While accelerated orthodontics makes use of brackets and wires typically used to straighten teeth, the treatment utilizes biologic responses to produce superior results compared to traditional orthodontics.
- Longer-Lasting Results –The advanced techniques of accelerated orthodontics tend to produce more lasting results than their traditional counterparts. Still, it is best for patients to wear retainers to preserve their treatment outcomes.
- Cost –Accelerated orthodontic costs are comparable to traditional orthodontic treatments. This means that you don't have to pay more for superior, quicker results.
Get the Straight Smile You Want in Less Time Than You Thought Possible
With a comparable cost, quicker treatment times, and enhanced, longer-lasting outcomes, accelerated orthodontics are a leading alternative for adults that want to straighten their teeth.
Three to eight months separate you from the smile you've always wanted. Don't settle and wait years with traditional orthodontics when you can achieve superior results by taking the accelerated route!